USDA Organic Dairy Compliance Course
A new course on Organic Dairy Compliance is now available in the free, online Organic Integrity Learning Center. The course provides an overview of the USDA organic livestock standards with a special focus on dairy operations. Target audiences include certifiers, inspectors and reviewers who assess organic dairies for compliance with the USDA organic regulations, as well organic livestock and dairy operations interested in gaining a better understanding of the federal requirements.
Course lessons include:
- Livestock Requirements Refresher
- Defining the Grazing Season
- Discontinuous Grazing and Confinement
- Best Practices for Inspecting Dairy Operations
Access the New Course
- People with an Account: Access the Learning Center at http://usda.blackboard.com/.
- People without an Account: Review “Getting Started” information and sign up for an account at https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/organic-certification/training.
- For questions about the Organic Integrity Learning Center, contact USDA-NOP@apvit.com.